Thursday 29 June 2017

My 5 Favourite Films of 2017 so far!

Now that we are nearly half way through 2017, I've decided to compile a list of my five favourite films of the year so far. It's been a quite solid year in terms of quality for the cinema goer but these 5 movies are the ones that have really stood out for me! Feel free to add your own favourites in the comment box or via social media!

5. Logan
A different take on the superhero movie with James Mangold adding extra heartfelt drama and added violence on Hugh Jackman's final hurrah as the infamous Wolverine. Read my full review here.



4. Manchester by the Sea
A masterful and heartbreaking drama that deservedly gained multiple award nominations and high critical acclaim, this moving piece is worthy of high praise indeed! Affleck and Williams are superb in their respective roles helped by some wonderful writing and direction by Kenneth Lonergan.


3. Get Out
Chilling and highly original horror film from Jordan Peele that would correctly be the "movie of the year" choice of a lot of the cinema going public. This is a film that will haunt you for days after viewing! My first review to appear on www.traleetoday.ie so it will always hold a special (if not scary) place in my heart!
Read my full review here.

2.Lion
This big hearted moving true story drama will undoubtedly be on the end of year list of best films of 2017. Multi award nominated and revered by critics and audiences alike this film is simply a must watch!
Read my full review here.


1. Moonlight
This incredible Oscar winning Barry Jenkins directed film will surely be top of any list come the end of 2017 in what was one of the most creatively crafted pieces of cinema seen in years. Believe the hype, this film is a work of art!
Read my full review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment